Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Dresses

So this year I was determined to make Easter Dresses for my daughters. I searched for a few weeks before falling in love with a tutorial.
Butterfly Dress and Headband 
Now although I love the dress, I had a really hard time with the tutorial. It's very well written and the pics are awesome but with no messurements I had a bit of a difficult time.
To get through that I grabbed two old dresses of my daughters and used them as a template. I added a few inches on the width of them so I had enough for the gathering parts.
You'll see in my dresses below that I did not follow the tutorial to a T. I added my own little touches to make the dresses a little more dressy.
Front of Dress1
Back of Dress1

Front of Dress2
Back of Dress2

Dress 1 is more of a 4/5T while Dress 2 is more of a 12-24months. I am super happy with how these turns out. If anyone wants me to show how to make the extra touches to the original tutorial please let me know and I'll post up my version of the tutorial. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment