Sunday, March 11, 2012

Blah day activity

So the other day was a beautiful day but it was COLD and WINDY. Instead of popping in a movie I decided to get a bit more 'fun'. I've made them bottles of oil and water previously and decided to use the good lighting to our advantage.

All you need is:
* Food Coloring - 2-3 drops work wonderfully
* Plastic Bag - it MUST be able to zip up and be leak proof!
* Cooking Oil - any kind will do... You can even use baby oil if you have it on hand

You combined everything carefully into a bag and then tape them up against the window. As long as you don't have any chewers and the kids know how to play gently you can keep them entertained for a few hours. My girls loved watching the water and oil mix and then settle again. I taped my bags close enough that they could flip the bags up and see the colors change when pressed against each other.










 I have to admit I always have loved the oil and water combo. It's been a favourite of mine for years since I was a little girl, and I'm so glad I can pass on it to my little darlings.

No comments:

Post a Comment