Friday, November 25, 2011

Dino Day Two - Albertosaurus

For Day Two we had a bit of a field trip to the London Childrens Museum. Since we studied the Albertosaurus and there's a skeleton there it tied in nicely.
We also did a scavenger hunt there too that I made up. It covers the whole museum and is only objects that start with A, B, or C. I wanted to tie in our Alphabet lesson into our Dino week in a fun and unique way.
Museum Scavenger Hunt
To mark the sheet I just used little stickers I had in my craft closet. For a 'prize' I gave out a glow bracelet, and two silly bands. Everyone on our play date got the same prize. ;) (Play dates with our family can get pretty creative sometimes :) )

We had to make our Albertosaurus as well. So I free hand drew him onto cardstock and had her color him. She added glitter to the top of him and some googly eyes. Wa-la he was done. :)
Dino Mural - Day Two
Now some may ask, 'Why is he upside down?'. The answer that only a child could think of is that "He is playing peek-a-boo with his friend!". You'll notice that there are some real leafs now on the small bush. We added those from our garden.

And so ends day Two. Dreamy was still wet so we couldn't do much with it. I let it sit for another day so I know it's for sure set and not going to fall apart during painting!

Take care and please feel free to comment. :) I'd love some feedback! 

No comments:

Post a Comment