Thursday, November 24, 2011

Dino Day One - Ankylosaurus

So my little one wanted to learn about Dinosaurs... And who doesn't!?
The challenge was finding something within her attention span, and that wouldn't be a pain to clean up. I broke the work into five days. Each day we'd chip away at something different.
Today was the Ankylosaurus.  Not the most friendly looking guy huh? But my girl is obsessed with his cool armor and club like tail.
I started by drawing an outline for a Dino Mural on canvas with a sharpie.

 Next I made water colors from some 1/4 cup of warm water and a few drops of food coloring. Please make sure that whatever your own little one is wearing isn't going to be missed if it gets stained...
The next few photos are of how my darling painted the sky, ground, mountain, and trees.



Not to shabby for one day but it was only... What... 11am by the time we finished? So no where near time to call it quits and there was still a bit of time to kill before lunch so we started work on her Ankylosaurus.

All I did for him was free hand what he looked like roughly and had my little one color it. After it was all colored we glued on beads for it's armor, she drew a smile and we added googly eyes of her choice.

Ankylosaurus
 Then we added him to his new happy home... We also added a bush because my little one was afraid he wouldn't be able to reach the leaves in the top of the trees... Lol, she's so thoughtful sometimes! :)
Dino Mural - Day 1
End of day one of the Mural!
But no where close to being done for the day...
After lunch we went on to make our other week long project...
Build Your Own Dino - Day 1
This girl is made up of an egg carton, toilet paper rolls, an old Ritz box and a mini cereal box. I had to do most of the baby dipping because it was so darn hot! After almost 45 minutes of cooling the glue mixture still hadn't cooled enough for my little one not to burn her poor fingers! So I had to do that 'messy' part...
Oh well Dreamy turned out really well.
And then... At 3pm... I was calling the crafts off for the day ;) We did a few printable dinosaur colorings in between and some tracing of lines/connect the dots...
And so ended Day One! It turned out really well... Just wait till you see Day Two ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment