Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Dino Day Four - T-Rex

Finally day four! Been insanely busy with some orders. Yay Christmas special! ;)

Anyways we did a T-Rex today. Energy had returned from resting the day before so we did a few crafts and then spent the rest of the day outside.
We read Blues Clues Dinosaur Week Countdown, my little one really enjoyed that Blue was doing something that she was doing. It was similar but not the same, still it was nice to see we aren't the only ones obsessed with Dinos for a week. ;)
For our T-rex I free hand drew one on card stock. My little one painted it with water colors and added some pompoms. Why Pompoms? Who knows! It was fun and my little one insisted on it. To a three year old everything could use a pompom or two now and then ;)
So we took Pommy and added some googly eyes and some random star... Why a star? I have no idea... It's just what she wanted and I didn't feel like arguing that T-Rexs didn't have pompoms or stars on them :P
Pommy the T-Rex

End of Day Four Dino Mural

We finished up Dreamy too. All she really needed was a face and some scales. I just used little foam pieces I cut out randomly. For the eyes we used extra big googly eyes and the mouth is just white paint. I was going to draw on teeth in black marker but my daughter said no, she was afraid it would make Dreamy look to mean... lol

That's the end of day four. We did some printables, and some more water coloring but nothing else was added to the Dino Mural.

No comments:

Post a Comment