Sunday, March 4, 2012

Spring Cleaning

March is finally here! It's one of my preferred months! Besides the fact it's my birthday month - it also signifies the beginning of spring and with the mild winter we've had I'm thrilled to get this years planting started!
Sadly I haven't touched my sewing machine in weeks due to renovations and reorganizing the house. So there's nothing new to share in the way of Crafty Clothes, but I still have been busy being frugal.

A while back I found the link to making my own Orange Vinegar cleaner. Basically it consists of orange peels and vinegar, you let it sit for TWO WEEKS - this is key to getting the orange scent to last longer. I put mine in an old jam jar and left it on my stove for a week and a half, then I couldn't wait any longer and broke it out. It smelt MUCH better than regular vinegar and water but I think if I'd held back a few more days I could have gotten a better scent.

Next I enlisted in some help to clean my cupboards and walls. I made up some Dish Soap Foam put it out for the daring daughters and wa-la a morning activity that kept the busy, made my house cleaner and had them playing cooperatively together without a single squabble for hours! It was pure bliss. What more can a mother ask for?

I'm in the midst of picking out a color scheme to my laundry room/master bathroom/walk-in closet, and yes it's all one room, so I'd like it to flow nicely. I think I have it all picked out just need to execute my plan. I'm also repainting my ugly, ugly kitchen and trying to figure out the best way to redo the hideous counter tops. Evidently someone thought it would be a good idea to faux rock finish them without covering the surrounding walls and drawers so they all need to be sanded down as well. Anyways wish me luck because this house is in for a big make over! I'll be busy the next few weeks but it'll be worth it to make my house super pretty! ;)

In the mean time keep it crafty and hopefully next post I'll have a few updates on my reno-projects!

2 comments:

  1. I added a slice of ginger in with the peels in mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A slice of ginger? I never considered that before! Thanks! I'll have to try that for my future batches!

    ReplyDelete