Friday, February 17, 2012

Lunch Ideas

I recently decided that I was going to start making 'Non-Bento' styled lunches for my little ones. I know my eldest doesn't start school for a while but I figured if I start making them now then I'll know what they will and will not eat and how big of portions to try.
Now a few of you have no idea what Bento is but it's a traditional Japaneese lunch. It's actually REALLY cool and if done properly can be super healthy and super cute at the same time ;). Sadly I'm just starting out so mine are only Bento inspired and not actually Bento. When I get some experience with what I'm working with I'll branch into more traditional Bento. I'm hoping to try egg molding this weekend ;) So I'll keep you posted!
Butterfly and Bumble Bee made from left over homemade MacNCheese, with a pepper flower, snap peas, yellow tomato, carrots, humus , and a few crackers.

Left over Hot Dogs, crackers, apple, cheese, cherry tomatoes, carrots. and peppers.
I know I promised a PJ tutorial a while back and it is coming, I've just been INSANELY busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment