Sunday, January 1, 2012

Crafty Christmas

I can't believe it's here already! I thought for sure I had a few more days of 2011... Oh well 2012 is my year to be my craftiest ever! I promise ;)

So I guess I'll do a run down of everything I made for Christmas and share inks to everything that I made... ;)

I made my little ones Rag quilts. Now for those I didn't really do much in the way of 'research' I was just told how to do it and then I proceeded to well, do it ;)

Basically I took 16 squares that were 18'' by 10'' and made them into a rectangle by doing four by four. I then added a boarder around it with two long pieces that were 72'' by 8'' - folded in half to make 72'' by 4'', and one that was 40'' by 5'' for the 'ends'. Sewed them all together, clipped them and wa-la. I had two rag quilts made with love. ;)

I'll post pictures up when I can tackle the darn things down long enough for hold still. The quilts are a big hit right now and are taken EVERYWHERE around the house.

I also made this: Turn a Wipe Container Into A Toy My youngest is in love with this. It's a lot of fun for her to toss the 'wipes' around without being scolded. It also is really easy to clean up. Which is a huge plus for me.

Admittedly I had a horrible time with this next project... Fabric Doll House. I'm not sure if I was just tired of crafting or what was going on but this project felt like it went on forever. It turned out to be pretty cute for my daughters Calico Critters but I'm making another version of the Doll House because I wasn't completely satisfied with the way it came out.

I made some more of these too: Repurpose a Sweater These were loved by all! They are just so cute and for what you pay for a sweater dress brand new are totally worth it. It is a super simple project and I encourage EVERYONE to try it!

Now for you bakers I also made up nine dozen of these wonderful cookies! Chewy Chocolate Chip This recipe is GREAT but I suggest always making more than size dozen. I have no idea why - I'm sure somewhere with better baking experience can tell you... But for some reason larger batches just turn out better. Also I suggest putting the cookie dough in the fridge for 30-60 minutes to make it easier to work with. Also check it FREQUENTLY. It's a fine line between brown and burnt. These cookies are better the next morning/day too.

Well I'm pretty sure that's everything I made for Christmas but I'm sure I'm missing something somewhere ;) Till later!

No comments:

Post a Comment